subscribe to bayano world

Followers

What does it mean to be emotionally mature?

 

  1. First and foremost,

    You try to have a control over your emotions rather than letting your emotions control you.
     You don’t over-promise when you are too happy, don’t shout when you are too angry, and don’t form instant opinions when you are triggered.
  2. You first say sorry if you accidentally shout at someone, instead of telling ‘Actually, I was stressed. You know day before yesterday, my ex-boyfriend was talking about sex-selective abortions and next day he went.. ‘

    There is a lot of difference between justifying why you mistakenly showed anger with a long monologue and genuinely apologizing for the mistake you have done.
  3. You accept your fifth position in your best-friend’s priority list, rather expecting you to give you top priority always. People love whom they like the most and their priority order is based on that.
  4. You don’t say ‘Don’t worry, I am there for you. Call me anytime.’ and then tell later ‘Sorry, I am busy. I can’t do that now.’ You say beforehand politely ‘I can’t do much as I have lot of deadlines’. Be frank about commitments you can’t keep to avoid the person from relying on you .
  5. You have the patience to listen and get an issue solved.

    ‘Last year, when we were out for dinner, you said one thing. You are mean!’’
    ‘Which thing?’
    ‘No. I don’t want to talk about it. You are selfish, intolerant, anti-national, delusional.’
    ‘Excuse me? What makes you think so? I didn’t..’
    ‘I said I am not interested to talk about it.’

    Putting allegations and not allowing them to explain or not having the patience to listen is sign of toxic immaturity.
  6. You know when and when not to use ‘This is Me. Take it or Leave it.’

    As in, you know whether that is coming because of your strong opinion, or your poor defensive mechanism that is not letting you accept your mistake and making your ego talk

Comments

related post

popup email subscription

share button

Popular posts from this blog

where do people speak Georgian language?

What are the best ways of becoming an entrepreneur?

Is it true that water with lemon burns fat?